AMS is a leading-edge, growing market research and consulting firm conveniently located just off Rte. 128 in Waltham, Massachusetts. We specialize in providing Voice of the Customer (VOC) information in two distinct practice areas: for product and service development, and for litigation, where understanding consumer behavior and marketing issues are strategic to a case.
- For litigation support, we provide market research, consulting and expert witness testimony on a
broad range of consumer behavior and marketing issues relating to litigation, such as customer
confusion, false advertising, market definition, and class certification matters.
- For product and service development, we help our clients understand customer wants and needs, and use this information to guide research and decisions related to product/service definition, concept development, and design and engineering. We also provide training in VOC best practices and processes.
Our collaborative style of project management requires our team to have expertise across a broad range of project stages - sales, research design, analysis and reporting. Employees at all levels have the opportunity to problem-solve, think creatively, and try new things. For someone with a more entrepreneurial bent, there may be opportunity to help expand our business.
What will make you successful at AMS?
We seek certain attributes in all of our potential colleagues, including:
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical acumen, with an intuitive understanding of quantitative data and analysis
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- An interest in, and aptitude for, strategic thinking and solving business problems
- An ability to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an exacting attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and projects
What are some potential roles at AMS?
Project Directors at AMS lead small teams in designing research and measurement strategies, conducting the research, analyzing and interpreting the data, and presenting findings to clients. Project Directors must have an interest in, and aptitude for, solving business problems and be adept at handling “big picture” issues as well as project detail. Excellent writing, interpersonal and presentation skills are essential. The ideal candidate for a Project Director position will have demonstrated experience (e.g. 3-5 years and/or an MBA or other relevant advanced degree) managing qualitative and quantitative market research and/or consulting projects.
Analysts support Project Directors in executing client consulting and market research projects in both litigation support and new product development. Responsibilities include questionnaire writing, database management and data analysis, and report and presentation production. An Analyst will typically work on several projects simultaneously, and must have excellent organizational abilities and communication skills. Generally, Analysts join AMS as recent college graduates (business degree preferred) with market research experience in the classroom or on the job. Working knowledge of SPSS is a major plus.
We welcome inquiries from interested and qualified candidates. Send Resume/Salary History to: